It doesn't matter who you are – or how hard you work. Life can throw you a curve ball.
Sometimes challenges can be large enough to warrant a little extra help. That's why UnitedHealth Group offers the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Available 24/7, the EAP provides confidential help when you need it most. It also offers quick access to experts who can help you with a wide range of well-being and family support services.
- All active employees and their household family members
The EAP is a free, voluntary and completely confidential resource to help you with a variety of personal and family issues including:
In person and telephonic support with master's-level licensed counselors for a variety of issues including:
- Emotional problems
- Family and marriage difficulties
- Alcohol and substance use/misuse
- Grief, depression, stress
- And more
Telephonic, online access and referrals to support your work/life including:
- Adult/elder-care services including Solutions for Caregivers, caretaking, retirement planning, insurance information, housing concerns, sandwich generation and more
- Child/parenting support for topics including parenting, child development, special needs, blended families and more
- Childcare referrals
- Bright Horizons Childcare and Elder Care Benefits
- Bright Horizons Back-up Care offers center- and home-based care, subsidized by UnitedHealth Group, to use when your regular care arrangements fall through or are unavailable and your job requires you to be at work
- Bright Horizons College Coach gives you access to a team of college admissions and finance experts who can help you maximize your child’s academic success and plan for college costs
- Additional Family Supports helps families manage work, family and personal responsibilities. Bright Horizons helps you find sitters, nannies, housekeepers, pet care including pet sitters and dog walkers, child care support, test prep and tutoring
- Chronic condition support for housing, medical supplies, transportation and medical alerts
- Financial support: a financial stress assessment, two 30- to 60-minute calls with a money coach, an online library of financial articles, calculators and modeling tools, and self‐directed learning modules on topics including credit, debt and budgeting
- Legal and mediation services: Free 30-minute telephonic or in-person consultation per issue and ongoing representation by attorney at a 24% discount for divorce/separation, child custody, will preparation, estate settlement, consumer disputes, collections and more
- Life learning: College preparedness and scholarships, adult education and enrichment, etc.
- Convenience services including household services, travel, restaurants, shopping, and community events
- Nutrition and fitness
- And more
The telephonic and online EAP resources are available anytime, day or night, for counseling and referral services to professional advisors and local community resources. All employees and their family members are eligible.
For additional resources and information, go to the LiveandWorkWell website.
There is no cost for telephonic and online access to EAP resources. The first five face-to-face sessions (per person, per issue, per year) with a licensed counselor are free.