You are eligible for most benefits if you meet the following criteria:
- Full-time employees regularly scheduled to work 35 or more hours per week
- Part-time employees regularly scheduled to work 20-34 hours per week
Regular, part-time employees working fewer than 20 hours per week are eligible for Vision, Basic Life Insurance with Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and the Employee Assistance Program.
Dependent coverage is available for most health, life and voluntary benefits.
If you plan to enroll a dependent, review the Dependent Eligibility Rules and Requirements document for eligibility information and dependent-verification requirements.
Most benefits become effective on the first day of the month following your hire date.
Eligibility for Financial Benefits
You are eligible for financial benefits if you meet the following criteria:
- 401(k) Plan: Generally, all regular employees paid on a U.S. payroll are immediately eligible to participate. Certain exclusions apply. See the 401(k) Savings Plan Summary Plan Description for more information on eligibility requirements.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP): All employees of UnitedHealth Group's participating subsidiaries, and Optum360 Services Inc. who are regularly scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week or more than five months per year are eligible to participate. There are two purchase periods each year.
- Executive Savings Plan: Invited leaders, based on salary and grade level.